Carnival Vista Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Exciting vacation had on the Carnival Vista

Sail Date: May 24, 2016

Overall I had an amazing time on the 10 day Mediterranean cruise. I did find excursions and other non-inclusive items on the cruise to be more pricey than my previous cruises. I was excited to discover an IMAX on the ship, but was disappointed to find that it was a chargeable extra. As well as the snacks. I think Carnival could have possibly increased my fare by $30 per person and I would not have noticed, but I would have left with that "all-inclusive" feeling I was previously accustomed to.

The shopping on the ship was also less than previous ships - less options, But that is a lesser concern for me.

I found there were many restaurant options but also, I lost that all-inclusive feeling Im fond of as many of the novelty restaurants involved a surcharge.

The entertainment was fabulous, especially the shows such as Flick, the Cuban show and America Rocks - off the charts fantastic!!

We had a regular waiter in the Horizons restaurant, Natalje, who was an absolute gem, and always made me feel extra special as she got accustomed to what I liked along the cruise.

Great stops, great food, great ship!! Thank you Carnival Vista!!

Personally I hate shower curtains. A frame-less glass shower door would have added a touch of elegance.
Friday morning disembark was just waaaayyyyyy too early.
Drama team who put together the shows such as Flick were AMAZING!!!
Good food, but almost all of the specialist restaurants involved a surcharge. Preferred to spend more money on excursions and less on restaurant surcharge.
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Rhodes, Greece
Valletta, Malta
Messina, Sicily
Naples, Italy
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Loved loved the Leaning Tower of Pisa!!! Sorry I didn't get to see Florence though (maybe next time)
Marseille (Provence), France
Barcelona, Spain
My absolute favorite stop

So much to do, but so little time. So many ports that I didnt experience the ship as much as I would have liked to. Advice: Less sleep, more experiencing the ship :-)