Dream Trip in the Mediterranean

Carnival Vista Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

10 Night Mediterranean (Barcelona To Athens)
Sail Date: May 14, 2016
Ship: Carnival Vista

I have been on a lot of cruises - but this trip on the new Carnival Vista was spectacular! Both the ship and the itinerary were great - as our first time in Europe it gave us a taste of Spain, France, Italy, Turkey and Greece. We did shore excursions at each port of call - which was nearly everyday. That was probably the only down-side, we only had one day at sea to really enjoy the ship and catch our breath.

I would absolutely recommend this ship to anyone considering a Mediterranean cruise - I have watched prices and itineraries for 20 years, and this was the absolute best value with the most places to see....it truly was a dream come true!

Very good high quality food and choices in all dining areas! And I'm a foodie...

Unbelievable choices of things to do - we did them all....

Some of the groups playing music could have been better - but the overall vibe was great.

Unused

This by far was the coolest ship that I have ever been on and I haven't been on many Accross 5 different lines. The way the areas on the ship is payed out and what carnival did with all that they put in this ship should win an award for design and creativeness !

Very nice - great balcony and great location, very easy to get where you want. Only bad this is that it is near the pool that has a lot of night time activity and noise because of the outside theater (that's right movies and popcorn every night - if you want) so if you want quite in the evenings pick a room further down the hall way

This was only its second maiden voyage - and because their ships are built in Italy, it was cruising the Mediterranean - which only happens when they have a new ship launched.....I would highly recommend the ship in any waters - but if you have an opportunity to do the Mediterranean - DOIT!!