Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Carnival Victory - Just OK

Sail Date: May 03, 2009

It was just OK; nothing special to write home about. The staff; particularly the Hotel and Restaurant Staff were excellent. The ports of call were somewhat boring and one was even questionable as to why they made the stop (Dominica).

Pros: The Staff

Cons: The Activities

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

Food quality was OK and choices fairly good as well.
Activities were not really that great; nothing original; your typical pool stuff and bingo.
Whatever you do, don't book a stateroom on the 10th deck (it's right under Camp Carnival and they let the kids run around there all hours of the night); very disruptive to someone who may want to get some sleep.
Don't even go there! I was not happy with the fact that my stateroom was right under Camp Carnival. Lots of thumping on the floor (which was my ceiling); they did make good for it though so I have to commend them on that. They credited me a portion of my cruise cost for the inconvenience.
Not as clean as some other lines like Holland America or Royal Caribbean.
The staff was great. They were very well versed in their areas and extremely helpful.
St. John's, Antigua
Antigua was OK as well. Nothing special as all of the islands look the same basically.
Don't Miss: Again, the city tour was good and informative.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Barbados was one of the best ports of call.
Don't Miss: Don't miss the city tour it was excellent!
Dominica
Don't know why they even call this port. It's very poor country with very little to see or do.
Don't Miss: Stay on the ship!
Basseterre, St. Kitts
St. Kitts was good! The beaches on 'the nice side of the island' were really very nice! I would highly recommend going to one of the beaches!
Don't Miss: Beaches!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
It was OK; I'd been there before so nothing special for me to see plus we had rain that day.
Don't Miss: Nothing to point out.
Castries, St. Lucia
It was OK; a lot of rain in this port but had a morning city tour that was good.
Don't Miss: Don't miss the city tour; very informative.