Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Great Value

Sail Date: June 06, 2015

The only problem I had is that I am a night owl and the only option was pizza that late or room service and I didn't want to bother those people just for a sandwich or something small. Otherwise, you couldn't ask for a better vacation value for the family with everything included and plenty of activities. Our head waiter Rosanna was absolutely one of the most favorite persons I have encountered in the 45 years I have been alive.
A little older, could use a little updating
More choices later in the evening is the only improvement I could think of
Rosanna rocks
Good mix of shows
Camp Carnival is good, could split up a little more so 11 year Olds aren't with 2 year olds
Sports deck was too busy, would be nice to have more choices but the ship is only so big
The ports of call were pretty nice
The towel animals are always a plus, they clean the room 2 or 3 times daily so the service is fantastic.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Didn't do anything here, didn't have time
Never been impressed with Nassau, dirty area
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
The city tour is great, stops for photos are fantastic
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Really need a couple of days here, so many neat things to see
Grand Turk Island
The ocean is beautiful here, not much to besides head to the beach as shopping is not great here

The lounge chairs on the outside decks on level 3 are generally fairly empty so that is a nice spot for a quiet breezy nap with the sounds of the ocean.