Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Loved every minute

Sail Date: March 22, 2009

This is the third cruise I have been on, the first with Carnival. This was the best cruise ship that I have been on, better than the two Norweigan cruises I have experienced. Every meal was excellent. The service was great. Except for the dirty old man comedian, all of the entertainment was outstanding. I will definitely sail on Carnival again. ***Though, if I can get the cruise for the same price elsewhere, I will not book on ever again. They screwed me over on my hotel the night before the cruise and I wound up sleeping in the lobby. won't take care of you if there is a problem!!!!!

Pros: The food, service, entertainment, and staterooms were all excellent.

Cons: The ports were boring.

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!

If they would upgrade their comedians, the grade would be higher. The ship's singers and dancers put on amazing shows.
My stateroom (ocean view) was larger than expected.
I certainly never had a bad meal. Flavors were excellent.
Beds were comfortable. Room was plenty big. Stewards always kept it clean.
Everyone had a great smile and were very friendly. .
You can buy the same crap in 200 different places here. At least there are some good water activities if you pay the right price and a TON of good restaurants.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Overpriced souvaniers here. Way overpriced restaurants. Nothing too exciting. I could have just stayed on the ship all 7 days and loved it.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
There is a small port area with the same old crap you can buy at every other port. The swimming pool in port is great, but drinks are more expensive than on the ship, so that is saying something. Great area to lay out near beach.
Don't Miss: If it wasn't for the pool, just stay on the ship.
Belize City, Belize
Just stay on the ship, there is nothing to see. Or book a shore excursion, but there were some issues for several excursions in ths port where they were driven at 90 miles an hour in antique vans by insane drivers.