Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great Vacation

Sail Date: August 17, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

My 4 kids and I just returned from this cruise. We had a great time. Things have changed over the years I guess as there were less shows. There was always a comedian that you could see if that's what you like. We loved our waitstaff and hope to show them Boston when they come here later this year. These guys work very hard as well as the employees that clean your room.

The ship had 2 pools. One for adults and one for everyone, however the pools were too small for the amount of people cruising.

I don't like the drink package deal. If your over 21 and want to buy the liquor deal, your allowed up to 15 drinks a day. If you have more than 1 person in your cabin that wants to buy the package, then every one else over 21 has to buy the package. ($440. each) We were casual drinkers that had 5 drinks in 8 days. If we bought the package, it would have been over $880.00. What's the downside of this? If people are buying this package, they're encouraged to drink more because they paid for it. One person isn't allowed to drink that was over 21 and they would still have to buy the liquor package. Next time I will research further to see if I got a letter from a doctor, that the liquor package wouldn't be required. Perhaps they can have a 5 drink package a day.

They had a raffle ticket that you would earn for every $50 you spent and every day they would pick 1 ticket from a box and give a $100. gift away. For the amount people are spending and the crowd that shows up to hopefully win as you have to be present, they should be giving away 5 $100. gifts or an assortment of prizes.

The casino would have been fun to go and try your luck, but the cigarette smoke in the area was too strong. I have nothing against smokers, but it was tough to walk through,

Stopping at the different islands was fun. I was happy we all went on our own and didn't do the excursions as the prices were too high for a family of 5.