You get what you pay for 100%

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

9 Night Italy & Adriatic (Barcelona To Venice)
Sail Date: June 07, 2013
Ship: Carnival Sunshine
I am not an avid cruiser however, this was my fourth cruise. I have cruised Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, and Disney before this and Carnival in my book missed the mark. Don't get my wrong, the destinations we traveled to we're outstanding along with every excursion we booked! The misses were key ingredients to a cruise... Like FOOD! This cruise charged to eat a the "special" restaurants and only had one buffet area. I love attending the nightly dinners in the dining room because of the variety and quality of food served, but I WAS NOT IMPRESSED!!!! They had a delicious cantina which we ate at when we could (only open 12-2:30) Everything besides that was mediocre. The entertainment was ok. Don't get me wrong the boat was loaded with talented singers and dancers which preformed amazingly... But I felt like everything stopped at once then you were left twitting your thumbs.

For the money this cruise was good. If you want to cruise on a budget do Carnival, otherwise I would consider another line.