Let's get spicy in Mexico

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Splendor

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 03, 2019

Ship: Carnival Splendor

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

The ship was old and dated. There are not a lot of fun activities for kids. Also we had issues with the temperature controls in our bathroom shower.

Embarkation

Not very organized and parking was a disaster. I had to demand to park in structure so I can meet my group.

Ship experiences

Typical cruise food. Liked the buffet because of the little pods. It made decisions much easier.

The pool was good but not a lot of activities to do with kids. We had a hard time entertaining the kids.

The adult shows were so much fun. Such a highlight of the trip.

The dining room staff was great. The were really fast. The best experience I had in a dining room.

This ship is dated and needs a big refurbishment. They need more activities for kids to do.

It was so tight with 4 people. No storage space. But sitting with the bunk down was actually very comfortable. I could sit up on my bed.

Ship tip

It's a old ship. Needs lots of updates.

Ports of call

Long Beach (Los Angeles), California

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Since the weather was bad I stayed close to the port. I went to Walmart for good souvenir shopping and AC. Then I went to the mall with my friend. She was looking for a special souvenir. We found a great place to get an ice cream bar for a couple of dollars. There was a great Japanese store as well. We went back to the ship and I found tequila and she found her item.

Mazatlan, Mexico

The best port of th trip. Our group scored a great excursion for a tour and resort stay for about $30 a person. It was the best. The pool was amazing and the food was worth it. I liked shopping while we got to th cruise port. Found great souvenirs while in port. It was very safe.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

It was difficult because we had to tender. But once you got onshore there was a lot to do. Just drink plenty of water. It was hot. We went to the beach by water taxi. It was difficult and the water was really rough. The local vendors kept hassling our group to buy things at the club. The club had good seating and ok food. They accommodated our large group great. Senor Frogs wasn't worth it.

Disembarkation