Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival dissapoints

Sail Date: November 01, 2015

On arrival day, after lunch we decided to check out the casino. Every toilet in the ladies room had not been flushed and the floor was flooded. On day 2 the shower in our stateroom overflowed. Also on day 2 the stopper in our sink broke and we had trouble reaching the Cabin steward and guest services. On day three our tv remote stopped working. All of these things were fixed but they were still annoying and took time from our vacation. We were given exactly 2 bars of soap for the two of us to use all week.

We travelled with good friends of ours and it was my best friend's 60th birthday on November 7th. Before I left I ordered and paid for the birthday decorations with cookies package and also chocolate covered strawberries. I waited all day. Nothing. Finally at 8 pm our cabin steward phoned someone for me and after getting the information she told me that it had been done. I said I am standing in her room with the cabin steward and no, nothing has been done at which time she changed her story stating that my credit card had cancelled the order. I knew this was impossible. I had printed out my receipt and had it with me. I was told to speak to the lady in the candy store. I went there with my receipt in hand and that lady called the same lady that I had already spoken to and  repeated her second story, that my credit card had cancelled my order. No one wanted to help. My best friend's milestone 60th birthday surprise was a bust. It was the only gift I had for her but no one on Carnival cared. What would it have hurt them to take the chance that I was telling the truth and went ahead and decorated the room and delivered the cookies and strawberries? I checked my credit card as soon as I got home and I was in fact charged for everything I ordered. I tend to believe that the first story I was told was true. It was done but not in the correct room. So now I have lost over $50.00 to Carnival.

In in the dining room I was given a drinking glass with something green stuck to the  side of it and I was given a cereal spoon that had food stuck to the bottom in the Lido Room.

To to top it off, my good friends ordered room service several evenings. The last time they ordered they received a call from room service asking if they wanted to increase the tip they originally gave. Really?  All gratuities were included but we all were nice enough to give extra and then they are going to call and ask for more?  It was very rude. No more Carnival for us. This was our first and last experience. Let us not forget that word of mouth can be your best or worst advertisement.

It was fine, plenty of room. If several things had not gone wrong it would have been fine. It would be nice to have buckets to go get our own ice.
I think after so many years of doing this, Carnival needs a better plan of disembarkation. We were in zone 30. They called us, we all move towards the exit and they tell us, oops we meant those needing assistance only. Say what you mean!
The ship was small and we didn't have as many food, snack, entertainment as some of the other ships. The size of the pool was ridiculous.
More info needed so booking an excursion is not done blindly. Pertinent info should include whether it's a tender port or not, how long is the tender in time, is there anything to do on an island other than the listed excursions. Also our group followed directions which were not difficult and arrived at out meeting point for our excursion with time to spare. However all of us had to wait for those who did not follow directions an
Ned didn't tender when told to. Next time leave them. Why should everyone be inconvenienced for a few?
Onboard Activities We enjoyed the comedy shows, the love and marriage game and several other games.
Nothing to write home about.
We had a great cabin steward. More soap and working showers and sinks would have been nice.
The staff at the Blck Pearl, Tomas, Ardison and Gianina (so) were wonderful. I think the dishwashers should check dishes and utensils more closely. The other cruise line has a coffee shop that is open 24/7 where they offer coffee, tea, sandwiches, cookies and everything is free! Carnival nickel and dined us to death.
Miami, Florida
we did a ,it of shopping here. It's cheaper than Grand Cayman
Belize City, Belize We did not plan an excursion here only to find out from Kevin and others that there is nothing to do besides the excursion. This was a wasted day for us.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
We loved Tabayan beach. It was great having security there. It would have been nice to know that we needed cash here. Shopping here is cheaper than Grand Cayman.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We loved our trip to the tutor farm and swimming with the sting rays. It would have been nice to bpknow that an underwater camera would be good to bring. The water here is delicious. Grand Cayman was the most expensive island.

The new social internet package is fair and welcomed.