Another day in Paradise

Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

14 Night Southern Caribbean Carnival Journeys (Tampa To Baltimore)
Sail Date: February 26, 2017
Ship: Carnival Pride

First let me say that my wife and I love cruising on the Pride and spending 14 days was the best.  Port by port:  Cozumel, nice port, good shopping, first time I've ever had my bags dog checked coming OFF the ship.  Panama Canal, don't know what I expected but it was that exciting.  Would have liked to have hit a port along the lake or something.  For anyone doing this, don't try watching from the upper deck, it doesn't seem like anything is happening.  Go down to windows along deck 2 or outside on deck 3.  There you can really see what is happening in the locks.  Limon, Costa Rica,  we did a great tour to see chocolate made from flower to the best chocolate I've ever eaten.  We enjoyed the port.  Aruba, WOW!  Possibly the prettiest place I've ever been.  So many beautiful beaches.  Bonaire, little shopping area, but there is nothing there but cactus.  Took a tour, The best of Bonaire.  There is no "best"!  Glad to have seen it, but there really isn't much to see.  St. Marten, one of our favorite ports in the Carribean.  Water taxi ($7 all day) takes you to Philipsburg where there is great beach ($25 for 2 chairs, umbrella, 4 drinks and free WiFi, and you could probably negotiate that price) and too much shopping for one day.

Always felt rushed on 7 day cruise, had such a better time at 14 days.

My only negative was the food in Normandie.  I don't think the choices were what they have been in the past.  There seems to be a push toward more " exotic" dishes and less choices for us meat and potatoes types.

If you can't find something to do, you didn't try!

We just cruised on the Pride in September so the shows were all the same. Hypnotist was outstanding and very amusing.

No children!

Jovan, Sinon and Pokorn went above and beyond in the Dunng Room. Hannah and Maria at the Casino bar. They knew my Folio number after the first day. Knew what I drank after the first day and just grabbed it. Our room stewart, Ni, went out of her way to make sure that our room was always clean and neat. A new towel design each and every night.

Very, very clean. Only dirt I saw the entire cruise was on one of the air purifiers in the Casino

It's a ship cabin. What can you say?

I couldn't live without my balcony. Just being able to sit outside without the direct sun of the upper decks. Bring an "octopus" plug!!! Especially with all of our electronics, one electrical outlet just doesn't work. Eat breakfast in the Normandie at least once.