Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Bahamas cruise

Sail Date: September 06, 2015

Cruising is a delightful way to spend a vacation. If you survive the Mad House registration and boarding process without getting upset, the walking onto the ship and subsequent explorations are wonderful. The Pride is not oversized and is not as large as I had expected. The rooms are very well kept and are very comfortable. From the time of first settling into your room, cruising from that point is very relaxing and, at times, entertaining. Everything was terrific except for the entertainment which was very poor. The performers were very good with good singing voices.They were however, stuck with performing in a over produced, poorly written, dumbly choreographed, poorly constructed set designed "show". Honestly, I've been in high schools for 40 yeas and have seen much better shows there. This was true of all of the "shows". Individual performer were good. The comedians were entertaining and the stage bends were good. The food was excellent ( I put on 10 lbs.) and am now on a diet.

Overall it was a very nice experience. I met a lot of very nice people and had some wonderful experiences.

One suggestion: add music stations on your in-room TV's with various music genres. The biggest thing I missed on this cruise was music. Next time I will bring an Ipod.

The staff was terrific and everything was beyond expectations.
Very much like being back in the army.
"Tiny" the tour guide in Freeport is worth the excursion w/o a particular destination.

The food was very good and the variety was outstanding. The movies at the pool were great and a nice way to meet people. I especially enjoyed The Beach Boys concert and met some nice ladies there as a result.