Carnival 7 Night Bahama Cruise from Baltimore

Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

7 Night Bahamas & Grand Turk (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 28, 2014
Ship: Carnival Pride

Over all, we had a great time on the trip. We live in Pittsburgh, PA, so a cruise without flying was very appealing to us. This was our 2nd cruise, and my wife & I took our 4 & 2 year old with us, and it was only about a 4 hour drive to get there. Camp Carnival was great; it gave us some alone time, and the kids really enjoyed all of the activities. I would definitely recommend a balcony suite. All of the staff were courteous & helpful. My only complaints were the food, and the awful process of getting off the ship once we arrived back in Baltimore.

I've never tasted more bland, disgusting food in my life at the buffet/cafeteria. I'm sure people who are incarcerated eat better food than what was being served there. Even something as simple as a muffin or hamburger was terrible. The pizza was OK, so that's what we would have for lunch, and we all ate cereal for breakfast. The formal sit-down dinners at the Normandie Restaurant were much better. The wait staff was great, and the dinners were good; I'd compare the food there to a TGI Fridays or Applebee's. We didn't find out until almost the last day that you could also have breakfast & lunch there, or we would've taken advantage of that much more.

The only other problem was getting off the ship back in port. Carnival kick's you out of your room around 9am, and you're forced to congregate in an entertaining area for hours until you're called to get off. With two young children, it was horrible for us and everyone around. I think we finally were able to disembark a little before noon.