Another Carnival cruise

Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Mexico

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 30, 2008
Ship: Carnival Pride
Had a good time getting away. This is my 5th cruise and my 4th with Carnival. There was 5 in my group my wife and I and our 3 kids 15,11,10. The ship is clean and fun. There are always fun things to do for adults and kids. Honestly on this trip I hardly saw my kids when we were at sea because they were always off doing their own thing. My biggest complaint about the ship is the staff. About 25% of them need to find a new line of work. The casino staff was the worst. They were down right nast and rude to us. After the 2nd day we just quit going because it was so bad. No I'm not just a sore loser becuase I was winning. The servers in the Taj Mahal will not serve you if you have a drink card or just want a glass of water but if you order a drink they will have it there in a couple of minutes. On four different occasions my kids either ordered a soda or water and never received their order. I think they work on tips alone and if there is no money in it for them they figure why bother. Although you pay 15% gratutiy on the drink card it self. I have never had this happen on any other cruise so I was very put off by this.
The security staff when you get on the ship the first day and off the last day are rude too. They act as if we the customers cruise everday. I way I saw them talk to some of the customers was down right bad.

I went to Las Calitas. I feel it was a waste of time. For $400 for 5 of us not worth it. I love the city and would recomend anything else other then this getaway.
Great city.
Great city.
Just went shopping here. The city is kind of dirty and unapealing.
Just went shopping here. The city is kind of dirty and unapealing.

Pros: Ship is clean and safe

Cons: 25% of the staff need a new job

Recommends Carnival Pride? No.