A great trip!

Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Mexico

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 30, 2008
It was my 3rd cruise with Carnival, but I think the previous ones were a little better. The staff was not as enthusiastic as on my other cruises, some of the staff memebers looked tired and sad. The food was great, but the same menu like on the other ships. The shows were good but not as great as on my previous cruises.
Overall I enjoyed the cruise - I didn't have to cook, clean, do the dishes, just relax, eat and enjoy the entertainment.
The ports of calls were beautiful - incredible views, but very commercial (everybody tried to sell us something). The ship offered a lot of excursions, but the prices were pretty high. I took 2 tours with a local tourist guides (25$ per person for 3.5-4 hours) and we saw almost everything worth to see in Puerto Vallarta nad Mazatlan. Cabo San Lucas was the most expensive place, so I suggest buying souvenirs in Mazatlan or Puerto Vallarta.

Food was great, nicely sarved in the dining room. Sometimes it was hard to find a table on the lido deck (too many passangers, not enough tables). Dinner time at 8:15 PM was kind of late, but I choose it because 6 PM seemed too early for me.

Great shows, I enjoyed and dancing performances the most.

The staff was nice, but not so enthusiastic about their jobs and not as friendly as on my previous cruises. They acted more like "robots". I haven't experienced any situations where a member of the staff went above & beyond.

The ship was nice, very clean.

I had an oceanview room and it was good. I didn't expect a big room on the ship, but it was big enough. VERY CLEAN - the stewards cleaned the room twice a day.
It's nice to take a tour of the city and see a little bit of everything (local tours are good, provided by A/C van and a tourist guide, $25 per person for 3.5 hours).
Don't Miss: The beautiful sculptures on the boardwalk.
A very beautiful beach with a lot of water activities. Expensive place to shop for gifts and everybody is VERY "pushy", they almost try to force you to buy something.
I also took a city tour with a local tourist guide and saw the most interesting places (church, golden zone, beach etc.). If you want to buy souvenirs the Golden Zone is the cheapest from all the places.
Don't Miss: Jumping divers.

Pros: Beautiful places in Mexico, service on the ship, delicious food.

Cons: Smelly drinking water + people wasted a lot of food.

Recommends Carnival Pride? Yes!