Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: First Mate

Had a nice time on Magic

Sail Date: June 04, 2016

I just joined this site today.  I love cruising.  Magic is a nice and clean ship.  I stayed on the Veranda deck mid ship.  I have to have a balcony, its so nice to sit out there in the morning or taking a break from the day.  The crew was nice and attentive.  I only had to go to customer service once just to verify something and GiGi was very nice.  We actually hung out for a bit in Turks and Caicos.

The shows on this particular cruise in my opinion are all seemingly the same from cruise to cruise.  Nothing really to rave about.  Yes, the dancers and singers are very good.  Just the concept of the shows don't seem to change.

I went to see the Magical show.  Lame... The "magician" was also the comedy show manager.  His magic show seamed geared for a child's birthday. I mean seriously, balloon animals and card tricks?

Dr. E was good.  He is lively and around quite a bit and he did make the boat drill more interesting.  He does it with light humor and admits people pay more attention to it.

I rated this as a 4 star only because of the shows quality and the quality of the food in the MDR. Went twice.  Not good.

The pools are small so good luck with that.  I did only the aft pool because even though it was crowded but not like the main lido pool.  Also.... as a lot of people state.  Parents. Please control your children from misbehaving.  No... the hot tub is not a place to snorkel.  Come on?!

Amber cove to me was nice but boring.  It is a Carnival port and when I was there it didn't seem fully developed.  Hung out near the pool for a bit and the Sky Bar.

St. Thomas is always nice.  I walked from the pier to town in about 35 minutes.  Yes, it is a hike but easily done.  I was able to call my mom from there too.(I am 51 but still love my mom)Happy.

San Juan was nice as well.  I walked quite a bit and it is up hill.  I felt safe there with the police presence and did not see any pushy vendors.  (Go to Nassau for that).

Grand Turk was fun and clean as well.  Not much time there so spend it wisely.

All in all Magic is a nice ship and I had a nice time.  I always pay the full gratuities and also tip my favorite bartenders a buck an drink for most of the cruise.  They love it and when they had seen me coming.  I got full service.

I will book again for The southern Caribbean in the summer of 2017.

Don't let negative reviews bother you to much.  Remember.  Its a cruise ship not your living room. Happy

Nice and clean and roomy. Room steward was very good. Loved room service in the evening and morning.
Boring and all the same. I meant the shows that is. The rest of the ship was fun.
Steakhouse was great. I liked Guys burgers. MDR... lousy.

Remember its a cruise ship not your living room.