Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Carnival Magic Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: June 04, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We had a fantastic time on our Carnival cruise. The food was good, staff was friendly and attentive and the entertainment was great. We loved the comedy shows and the casino was fun (even though we didn't win this time). Our children had a fantastic time when they played at Camp Ocean, as they did arts and crafts, participated in the Build a Bear activity and had many activities to keep them busy! The ports of call were very nice, and St. Thomas is now my favorite port to visit. We did a snorkeling excursion, and it was amazing! The only thing I would improve was the piano bar experience, as the pianist was not as good as previous sailings. However there were other good musical groups and singers throughout the ship that we enjoyed. Last, but not least, our room steward (Bud) was probably the most helpful and friendly room steward I have had in my 11 sailing on Carnival!

This was a standard balcony stateroom, which had ample space for our family of four. Our room steward was fantastic!
Port Canaveral, Florida
Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic
There is a nice pool area just off the port. Get there early if you would like a good lounge chair!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Beautiful port - very clear water great for snorkeling and diving.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
The fort was a short walk (uphill though). Coming back was easier! The fort was $5 per adult, and children were free (under 15 I think).
Grand Turk Island
The beach is just off the port, easy access.

If you don't have priority boarding, don't plan on getting off the ship early when the cruise is over. We didn't get off until after 10am! If you are in a hurry to get off, I would suggest packing light and carry off you luggage. This will enable you to get off early if you desire.