Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Carnival does not back what travel agency sells us

Sail Date: January 04, 2015

i traveled recently on the Carnival Magic. I departed ob 1-4 and returned on 1-11-15. I purchased anytime dining thru my agent and just confirmed that with them before writing this. Upon returning to the ship from a shore excursion I wanted to eat and go to my cabin. I was told by a young lady that I could not eat until 8:15pm. Even though there were hundreds of empty chairs I had been assigned the late seating by Carnival! I explained to young uninterested ears what I had purchased to no avail! I took my complaint to the Matrade. He said even though the dining room was probably 80percent empty I had to wait. He looked on the computer and told me that I had booked anytime dining with my agent but, between my booking and printing my confirmation it had filled up. This is not what my agent told me. My frustration then lead security to revoke my sighn and sail alcahol privileges which I was not using anyway but, security still wanted to visit with me. I told them what happened and they also thought the dining people had handled the situation poorly. I have cruised on Carnival before and this is the poorest operated ship of theirs I have encountered. The most frequently used words were go to Guest Services! They never bothered to tell you why you needed to go. The only people that care about the paying traveling consumers is the crew members that rely upon tips to make a living. The salaried people could care less because the smaller the passenger list the easier it is on them. All I can say is beware of what you are purchasing or think you are because with Carnival they are not the same thing.
Ship Quality Lack of communication with crew members to resolve issues
Food and Dining Matrade and I had issues. Food okay
Cabin and attendants great
My waiter and his Hellers were great
Entertainment did not witness
Destinations and Excursions went out on my own
Key West, Florida
Learned a lot of history there that I did not know
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island did some shopping there and found some deals.
Nassau, Bahamas fun to go see how the ultra rich live and travel

dining rooms need flexibility which I found they were lacking. Their servers were great.

1 Comment