Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

My concern was food and entertainment. I should not have had any concerns.

Sail Date: January 12, 2014

This was my first cruise so I was worried about being bored or if the food would be so bad and what would I for options for seven days. I would start with the entertainment as far as the dodge ball, comedy, etx was amazing. I would not be able to say much for the cruise director because he made me uncomfortable personally. The food was great at times and decent at others but always good enough to fill you up. Overall for the value you can not beat a cruise hands down. This was the very best trip for the price I could imagine and I travel often. Just a good mixture of relaxing and yet have things to do for free. When I go on my next cruise I will try for this ship it just had everything you could want and well kept.

Very good condition
Food and Dining Some days were better. Burgers & pizza could have been better
The balcony room was nice but I would only do window next time
The cruise director was very odd
The comedy shows were great
Did not have kids
You could always find something to do
Great scuba diving. Remember you are not on island time when booking excursions.
Galveston, Texas
Very easy to get on the boat.
Key West, Florida
Was the best city to visit actually.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
The scuba diving was great but nothing besides that worth seeing.
It is a little larger then Freeport city but still nothing special. I hardly left the ship this day.

The main thing I would suggest is knowing you are on Texas time at all times while on the ship. We missed booking two excursions because we did not think we would be back in time. Besides that we had a blast and you get to know a lot of people on the trip.