A Great Cruise

Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

9 Night Western Mediterranean (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 07, 2011
Ship: Carnival Magic
The overall cruise was great but the smoking issues I mentioned and the steakhouse experience could have been better.

The buffet was so-so but the dining room food was great. We paid $30 each for the "privilege" of using the steakhouse. When I say "privilege" I mean when I applied the rules for the other dining areas I was told we couldn't do it. I wanted the surf and turf which came with the filet mignon. I asked to substitute the ribeye for the filet and was told it would be an extra $20. I don't understand why I could order 3 filet's and 3 lobster tails in the dining room but not in the steakhouse.

Joey in dining room was excellent

Don't Miss: Don't miss the trip to Capri

Pros: The port selection was super. However, too much to see in such a short time. Can't wait to go back.

Cons: Upgraded to balcony room but got limited usage because of smokers on each side. Carnival should do something about segregating smokers

Recommends Carnival Magic? Yes!