Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

A Great Cruise

Sail Date: October 07, 2011

The overall cruise was great but the smoking issues I mentioned and the steakhouse experience could have been better.

Pros: The port selection was super. However, too much to see in such a short time. Can't wait to go back.

Cons: Upgraded to balcony room but got limited usage because of smokers on each side. Carnival should do something about segregating smokers

Recommends Carnival Magic? Yes!

Joey in dining room was excellent
The buffet was so-so but the dining room food was great. We paid $30 each for the "privilege" of using the steakhouse. When I say "privilege" I mean when I applied the rules for the other dining areas I was told we couldn't do it. I wanted the surf and turf which came with the filet mignon. I asked to substitute the ribeye for the filet and was told it would be an extra $20. I don't understand why I could order 3 filet's and 3 lobster tails in the dining room but not in the steakhouse.