A very nice trip

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 21, 2007
We were on the 8 day eastern Caribbean, and all in all it was very enjoyable. The cruise director was fabulous, and the crew very good. The food wasn't superb, but it was good. It was crowded on deck on sea days and pretty hard to move around. Our two biggest complaints though are the same ones I've seen before. While you do eventually figure it out, the old saying "you can't get there from here" applies. You need some pretty good navigation skills to get from one part of the ship to the other in some of the common areas. The other thing that drove me nuts was the color schemes and interior design. There was no consistency. It appeared that whomever chose this couldn't decide if they wanted a mardi gras theme, or a southwest theme, or maybe it was victorian or neo-classic, so they used it all -- in the same area. I'm sure it didn't bother a lot of people, but that positively drove me nuts. It's not my intention to sound critical of the cruise itself. If you can get past that I would give the cruise a very good rating and certainly not discourage anyone from sailing it.
My husband and I did the Old San Juan walking tour. We found it enjoyable, but wished for more time to explore certain places.
The beach escape was nice, but jellyfish were an issue.
The beach escape was nice, but jellyfish were an issue.
The aquarium at the Atlantis was pretty cool for someone who really enjoys that kind of thing, but not for everyone. My 11 year old loved it.
We chose the ultimate island experience. While Blackbeard's castle was a little disappointing to adults, my son loved the pirate stuff. Magen's Bay is wonderful.
Don't Miss: swimming in Magen's Bay -- calm, clear and refreshing
Don't Miss: swimming in Magen's Bay -- calm, clear and refreshing
Tortola was the prettiest port, in our opinion. We went over to the Baths at Virgin Gorda though, and that was really nice. However, if you are not in pretty good physical shape I don't recommend this excursion. Wish we had more time to explore Tortola itself.

Pros: the ports

Cons: the decor

Recommends Carnival Liberty? Yes!