Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

I won't cruise Carnival again

Sail Date: April 01, 2006

This was my third cruise, my first with Carnival. My daughter, a friend and I shared a room on this 8 night cruise on the Carnival Liberty. The ship was beautiful, unfortunately, our shower clogged twice (it wasn't cleared properly the first time), one of the nights being formal night. I was told the maintenance person would be at our room in 15 minutes but he showed up over an hour later. When we had a problem with an excursion, (it left early and without us on it) the purser we talked to was defensive and interruptive. Carnival wrote and told me that they can't help me with our excursions because the excursions are independently run. I purchased the excursion from a Carnival website and Carnival charged my credit card so I feel they have some culpability. As for our dining experience in the formal dining room, the lobster was tough and they didn't even have nutcrackers for the king crab they served. I actually lost 2 1/4 pounds on this 8 night cruise, which speaks volumnes.
If this was my first cruise, I wouldn't care if I ever went on another cruise. Luckily, I've been on two other cruises, each on a different cruise line. This was my friends first cruise.

Pros: The ports of call and towel animals left in our room every night.

Cons: An excursion that left early leaving us on the pier, Carnival did nothing to help.

Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
This is were the excursion left early, leaving us behind. So, I'd have to say the "Sightseeing and Kane Bay tour" was a waste of time and money.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Senior Frogs was a waste of time. I didn't see anything that was a must see. It might be a better port to see in the daytime. We pulled in shortly before it got dark.
We really enjoyed the stingray encounter. I would have liked to have had more time here and want to take a trip just to the Bahamas.
Don't Miss: The stingray encounter is a don't miss excursion.
St. John's, Antigua
We found horseback riding on the beach! An hour for $20, a great deal. It was so much fun and the locals are so friendly. Our taxi driver asked what time we'd like to be picked up and he was there at that time and didn't expect payment until he'd dropped us back off at the ship! Excellent customer service.
Don't Miss: Horseback riding on the beach.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
The snorkeling was really nice, we swam with some squid and saw beautiful fish. The shopping area was nice, we liked the market area best. It was fun mailing a "message in a bottle" to family and friends.
St. John's, Antigua
Don't Miss: Horseback riding on the beach.
Don't Miss: The stingray encounter is a don't miss excursion.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.