Carnival Liberty Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A great cruise!

Sail Date: April 01, 2006

The ship is beautiful. Last year we sailed on the Glory, her sister ship. The decor is awesome on both ships. We traveled with a group of 11. Our son was being married in St Thomas while on the cruise.

Pros: Attentive, polite crew. The best cruise director ever. Beautiful ship. Self assist debarkation

Cons: A few rude passengers.

St. John's, Antigua
We walked around downtown, then went on a snorkeling excursion. This was my third snorkeling excursion, and probably my least favorite. There was very little instruction. The water was quite choppy. There were nice sites, though.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
My son was married at Magens Bay and it was beautiful. Later, we went shopping downtown. I am not much of a shopper, and felt this wasted some time in paradise. We went to Emerald Beach, ate lunch at the outdoor restaurant there, and enjoyed the beautiful beach. Since there were 11 of us to get to the wedding, I thought about renting a van to get us to Magens Bay. I am so glad I didn't!!! The drive was like a roller coaster, in addition to driving on the left side of the road. Going in the air conditioned van was a very wise use of money!!!
Don't Miss: the beaches
This was my second visit to Nassau. We bought a day pass to Breezes all inclusive resort.. It was a relaxing, beautiful day. Non motor water toys were included so we went sailing. There were several pools, open bar, grill, pristine beach. What a great way to wind up our cruise!
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
We wanted a van tour of this island, and was able to find many vendors waiting for us. This island, too is very hilly, but the scenery was spectacular. Our driver stopped at good spots to take pictures. This is one of the places we came across some rude passengers. They were quite critical of the driver, made fun of him, and carried on their own conversations so loudly that I couldn't hear what he was saying.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Don't Miss: the beaches
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Since we were here from 5pm-12, we chose to do the Legends of Puerto Rico night tour. It was very entertaining. There is a good deal of walking on this tour, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with mobility limitations.,
San Juan, Puerto Rico