Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Third Mate

The crew was rude and would not help with any of my issues.

Sail Date: June 16, 2015

I booked this cruise in November to be sure I got the cabin I wanted. My brother and his wife were going with my husband and I. We wanted cabins close. for some reason, in April while I was out of the country and had no access to email, you canceled my reservation. Instead of paying the due balance with the original credit card, you just emailed me that the balance was due in 24hr & if you didn't hear from me, my reservation would be cancelled. I called you when I returned on Monday, but my room was gone and I was told there was only one balcony room left, a higher category, on a different deck. I was hysterical! I had no choice, but I had to take it or not go, hotel and flights were already paid for. Your people told me to discuss it with Carnival when I got onboard. What a joke. They could not have cared less. Their only comment was that they cruise was completely booked. THEN I went to my room. I have never had a balcony room. We splurged for our anniversary and Alaska. There was a lifeboat on our balcony! Carnival says I was informed, however it is not on my paperwork, and no one at Delta told me I was getting an obstructed view room. Again Carnival would do NOTHING and never even said "I'm sorry".  The first night when we were going to dinner, I noticed that not only had my room been changed, but my dining time as well. We had "my time" dining before which is in a separate dining room from assigned times. This meant that we were also not going to get to dine with my brother and his wife. So I went back to guest services. They said they could not change it and that I would have to go to the dining room and ask permission from the Matradee. When I protested, he went behind a wall, came back and said he called him and it was worked out. um hum.  If you tried to ask a question, most of the the staff just looked at you and couldn't answer. I asked someone where the dining room was and she just shrugged.  I cam back from an excursion with a tiny pot metal pocket knife for my grandson that was shaped like a bullet. They said I could not bring it on board because it looked like a bullet. I asked how I was supposed to know that and was told it is on the internet. At .75 a minute I assure you I was not on the internet on the ship. When my bags were x rayed and I was asked about it I told them what it was, the man asked to see it. So I wouldn't hold up the line, he put my bags on the floor and I had to get on the floor and dig through them to find it. I have severe Rheumatoid Arthritis and this is no easy feat for me, especially getting up. When I showed him, he took, saying he was confiscating it. I asked to speak with a supervisor. When he came over, he confirmed the same. I asked if I could get it back on disembarkation, and he said "No, it is against policy." He then proceeded to swing it around on his finger and laugh at me BEFORE he put it in his pocket!!! I wonder how many of those he has at home!!! We called the Purser. They too said i could not have it back. Again, no sorry, just out $10. Felt degraded and robbed.

The only people on the ship that were nice, wonderful actually were the dining room staff. They were nice, polite and helpful for the most part. This trip was the most expensive vacation I have ever taken and it was the worse experience I have ever had. I cried most of the time. I morned the loss of the money I was out and my dignity. I love using and Travel for the Skymiles, but I won't do it again because of all the problems and nondisclosures that occurred.

Cruise Photos

The worse! Jeff at guest services could not have been less helpful. Refused when I asked to speak with his superior.
The excursions we took were excellent! I chose them myself. Kurt at the excursions desk just stood there and shrugged whenever I asked about any trips. Zero personality, and actually tried to talk us out things we asked about. Finally he said "Listen, I'm not gonna tell you you are gonna see any animals on any of these excursions." Gee Kurt, I'm a grown up, and I'm not going to the Zoo, just talk to me about the trips!
The most humiliating experience with security for a 1inch fake pot metal knife. Oh but you are allowed to bring on 7 inch ULU knives. WHAT??
This is an upgrade????