Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Epic Family Memories

Sail Date: December 19, 2015

There was SO much to do! This was our 4th Carnival Cruise as a family of 4 (2 late-teens and 2 near 50) and we loved it! One of us has mobility issues and it was never really a consideration. We stayed in a balcony room and an interior room directly across the hall.

Tennyson was a spectacular steward. He quickly learned our routines and kept everything clean and tidy (even when his staff had to dodge around a scooter and walker). He even got ice for our cooler and packed drinks while we were at breakfast.

As a bit of a food snob, I can't say how the buffet was, but it looked busy. I prefer not to line up, so Sea day brunch is awesome. Room service is fantastic. The dining room food was exquisite. Guys Burgers and Blue Iguana are tasty. There are so many options, I never had a worry. Surprisingly, I would have to say they could improve on the number of bar staff. I still got drinks and was happy, but I'm lazy.

I cannot reccommend the fine dining enough. It is the center of every day for us. You get changed, and head down as a family. The food is wonderful. The servers are great (we miss you Arnold) and they dance on the tables! I now have 2 full collections of shot glasses (thanks Ufuk). My only wish is that I could choose my own table.

The comedy club was the best entertainment (we went to 3 different shows in one day). The main stage had a lot of productions, but the best feature was the hi-tech animated video backgrounds. The musicals were okay. Hasbro seemed slow and drawn out. The dating game was hilarious (I'm thinking of you, Mr. Zelda)! I wish I had gotten seats for the Christmas show, it looked great. The DJs (Lido and night club) were awesome, but the other musical acts were not very good. I would have prefered canned music or quiet conversation to some of them. The Dive-In Movies were current and a lot of fun (except when a tropical rain decides to wash one out).

Having a family member with mobility needs can be a struggle. Passengers cut you off and push in front of you often. Luckily, the staff are incredible. They accommodate scooters and walkers with grace. They provide extra help with a smile. You have no idea how important it was to us that Ryan of the Fun Squad (and comedy club manager) took the time to give us personal help on our excusions and made us feel genuinely cared for. Ryan was a highlight of our trip.

Even though Mike was hilarious, Ryan for Cruise Director!

Cruise Photos

We stayed in a port-side balcony room above the Harbor Pilot entrance, so we could see them leave the ship on their transports. We also had a view of each port of call and almost every sunrise. Our room was the family hang-out.
We keep the curtains open at night to watch the waves from bed. It's worth every penny!
Miami, Florida
If you are flying in or out on embarkation or debarkation day, leave a few extra hours for airport transfers. Yikes!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Safe, exotic, exciting, and there are tons of thrilling excursions.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
The regular beach is beautiful, spacious, and actually can accommodate 2 full ships, so enjoy.
Belize City, Belize
Well, we never actually went to the mainland. We went to a spectacular private island and dove on the reef.
For our return trip here, we stayed on the island. It's unbelievably beautiful and the turquoise water is breathtaking.

Carnival Glory is an "excursion ship" in our opinion. It is a fantastic base for shore excursions and puts into 4 VERY different Carribean ports. They could have a tender system ironed out shortly that may allow passengers to go on more than one trip at each port. They need to improve the musicians.