Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

In Spite of the Death on the boat

Sail Date: August 15, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I would like to say that the boat was clean, the boat was comfortable, the boat had staff that were accommodating for the crew. The food was good, but the service was super fast in a way that you were wondering if you were there to experience a meal or were you being whipped through the dinner to get the next group of people behind you. The people were nice and were there to do a job, but the activities were ordinary. I have compliment the service of my cabin steward, my dinner staff, and the casino tables, they all were pleasant but it doesn't take but a few people to really give you a lack luster experience, but the faults was not on the staff, the fault is on the cruise line, these people are working too long hours and not enough rest, you can see it on their faces. If I can see the same person at breakfast. lunch and then around 11pm at night that person is working too long of hours. I can say these people work for their money but the gratuity they receive is pennies compared to what they should be compensated.  I would like to commend the entire ship for the incident where the lady committed suicide and jumped overboard. I had a career in the Navy and the effort that the entire ship took to retrieve the body of a passenger was outstanding. There were 5ft seas and if you have never been in a small boat with 5ft. seas you would appreciate the effort that was taken to bring that body back to the boat.  Leaving the boat was a nightmare, we stood in line for 30 minutes retrieving the liquor for the boat (it didn't take them that long to take my money it shouldn't take that long to get my product). The line to disembark was unorganized, the administration on the boat did not think ahead of handling tough situations. I would rate the overall experience a 2.8 out of 5. The poor compensation of $50.00 was not enough to cover the disappointment and missed opportunities of enjoying the Grand Cayman Islands. I am not impressed with my cruise it was all downhill after the suicide.

Cabin Steward outstanding he was on point and accessible to clean my room never had a complaint about anything with the room.