Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Nice Clean Ship

Sail Date: December 30, 2006

I found the ship to be very nice. The rooms were a nice size and the washrooms were larger then most ships. I was amazed how clean the boat was as I always saw the staff cleaning. The service on the ship was good but not great.
They defenitly have a major problem in the dinning room as your waiter cannot take your drink orders. You have to wait for another waiter to take your drink order but you could be done your meal before your drinks arrive. The "drink waiter"
has far to many tables to look after.
The food was just the dinning room BUT the food and presentation in the private dinning room(extra cost) was incredible. The best I have had in any private dinning room on any cruise line.
Overall, my kids had a great time and that is what is important. I would cruise Carnival again but only if our children were with us.

Pros: The size of the ship

Cons: line-ups for almost everything from food to the slide.

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

The size,decor,cleanliness was great. I found the layout to be one of the worst. I have never walked so far on a ship before to find a washroom, go to my room or eat dinner as I did on this cruise. I would suggest to leave 1/2 hour before your dinner to make it on time.
Food in dinning room "looked good from far but far from good". Pizza was great but how much pizza can one person eat.
If you like to eat be prepared to stand in line. As my daughter said "oh no not another line".
Thank the lord we eat like human beings on a ship so we only stood in line twice a day.
Rooms were great, clean and a nice size. Our first day on the ship we were given a basket of samples from toothpaste to hand cream in the washroom. If you used any of these samples dont bother to ask for another they are under lock and key. We also had a hard time getting a second bar of soap so I would suggest bring your own.
Ok, nothing special. They did there job BUT did not go beyond the call of duty. They seemed to point a lot ie ask for directions the common answer was "over there" with a hand gesture.
I found the shows to be below average compared to other ships I have been on. Granted the day was full with activities if you wanted to partake.
Once again we arranged a day at Atlantis Resort. If you have big bucks to spend you will have a great day.
We arranged a day at a resort which was nice. If we had not done this we would have had nothing to do. Shopping was ok but not great.
Belize City, Belize
We arranged for a private boat to take us snorkling. Excellent adventure otherwise a waste.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
A big nothing. A real waste of time and still wondering why we stopped there.