Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Terrific Holiday Cruise

Sail Date: October 21, 2006

We had taken 3 previous cruises on Royal Caribbean so trying Carnival was new for us. I would have to say that Carnival Cruise Lines was just as good as Royal Caribbean. The Carnival Glory was a wonderful ship, the service on board was first class, the food was terrific and we really liked the route the ship took. The cruise staff went way beyond our expectations, they did everyting possible to make our trip exceptional. We would certainly sail with them again.

Pros: Everything is included in the price

Cons: leaving the ship at the end of the week

Only problem we had with the entertainment was that it was WAY TOO LOUD. We actaully used ear plugs for the evening shows.
The layout of the ship was a little odd, but once you figure it out it was ok.
The food choices were tremendous. You literally could eat 24 hours a day!!
All of the staff were excellent, expecially the wait staff and the cabin staff.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Not a lot to see and do, but I think that will change over the next few years. People very friendly.
Don't Miss: The Mayan Ruins of Chachobben
Belize City, Belize
Loved this port of call. The people here were really nice and not at all pushy.
Don't Miss: The rainforest/nature trail tour at Bacab
I like Cozumel for the shopping. I've done the tours on previous trips, but to me the shopping is best here. I really like "Los Cinco Soles" for all my shopping.
Don't Miss: The Mayan Ruins at Tulum.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Great beaches here. People very friendly. The dock was a little far from town and it wasn't made very clear to us about the taxi's into Freeport - once you figure it out though, Freeport is very nice.
Don't Miss: I would think the beaches are the main attraction here if the weather cooperates.