Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Vanilla Sky

Sail Date: October 21, 2006

This being my first cruise I may have had expectations that were too high. However I must say that certain aspects of the trip were dissapointing. The food quality, which everyone raved about before I left, was poor at best. I would have expected that it knock my socks off and it didn't. Don't get me wrong, there was an abundance of food available, however it was restaurant-chain quality rather than top notch city quality. The dining room staff was exceptional, the stateroom staff was poor. Overall the trip was good, not great, but good. For that reason I will most likely try another cruise line in the future. One interesting note was that the cruise director late in the week was speaking to the group about the comment cards, he told us that if we didn't rate each experience as "exceeded my expectations" then they weren't doing their jobs. Too bad he waited until the end of the week to solicit the feedback, I may have had a better trip otherwise.

Pros: Experience of seeing new countries

Cons: Food Quality

Quality of food did not meet my expectations
Balcony was dirty, and wasn't cleaned until our fourth day.
Layout was fine, ship was half-full as such easy access in and out of all areas.
Dining room staff was excellent, stateroom staff was ignorant
Show's were dubbed as casino quality, I would argue they were a notch below that.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
ATV activity, small shopping center, overall not bad.
Went to Tulhum for the Myan ruins exploration. Long trip, and it was very hot. If you choose this excursion be prepared for a long day.
Belize City, Belize
Chose power snorkeling as the activity, it was phenomenal. I wish we had more time at the private beach, but overall the day was great.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island