Carnival Freedom Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

I now work to cruise!

Sail Date: October 09, 2010

We just returned from an 8-day Eastern Carribbean cruise on the Carnival Freedom. It was our first and I can say first of many to come! We had a fabulous time. I wasn't all that into the ports of call, but becasue the ship was so nice and activities fun, it didn't matter too much about the ports of call. We did a few excursions that were well organized and fun and we did a few of our own sight-seeing days which were more of a challenge. I'd probably just stick to the sponsored excursions unless you really know the location. The food was mostly good, although there were a few times when it was just okay. Maybe that was us...eating too much. Ice cream cones 24-7 were a huge hit and we calculated that if everyone on the cruise had eaten 3 per day (which we certainly did) they served more than 9000! wow! Entertainment was fabulous - excellent shows. I would suggest more bingo, but even what they had was great. Plenty to do, plenty to eat and plenty of time to do nothing if that's what you want. We loved it and will be back for more.

Pros: Super clean ship, great service, friendly and fun staff. We loved the shows...great choreography and talent.

Cons: not much.

Recommends Carnival Freedom? Yes!

Extra nice ship...I think it is newer.
Very nice for the size. we were near the front on the main deck and would suggest going higher and more to the middle.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
take an excursion to virgin gorda...amazing.
Don't Miss: virgin gorda
San Juan, Puerto Rico
yuk...we were there just after a storm and it was steamy. would stay on the ship next time if this is a port.
loved it. we sailed and snorkeled and it was fabulous. would love to come back for more.
Don't Miss: snorkeling
St. John's, Antigua
take a beach excursion...the town is rather poverty stricken but the beaches are nice. would definitely not travel independently. the beach was beautiful
Don't Miss: white sand beach