Don't get caught wanting a wheel chair!

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate
Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 08, 2013
Ship: Carnival Conquest

My husband and I arrived at the Port of Miami only to find out at that time that there was no free parking for handicapped unless you had a device on the back of your car.  No notice from anyone - Port of Miami or Carnival - out of pocket $140.  Next,  arrive in terminal, check-in in handicap area and wait for a wheelchair and pusher - and wait and wait.  I asked serveral times how long was it going to be and was told they were short of pushers, but it wouldn't be long.  After 30 more minutes I asked for a supervisor, none was to be found - was told pushers and wheelchairs would be coming.  My husband who is hadicapped was extremely tired and at this point all that I wanted to do was to get on the ship.  Now almost an hour later we finally get someone to bring a wheelchair and pusher - only they are not from Carnival, but from the Port of Miami.  It is Carnival's responsibility to have pushers and wheelchairs available, so big THANK YOU to the Port of Miami Authority for picking up the slack.  As for the rest of the trip, overall I would give it a B-.   The evening shows were sad and almost non existent - the food edible - the service very good - condition of the ship good.  The pool area is so small and very crowded, but cabins were comfortable.

Get to the Comedy Club early - it's the only show intown.