Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

OK ...I Guess

Sail Date: January 10, 2016

This was our 4th cruise, 3rd on Princess and our least favorite.

Over all we felt like there was just something left out by the cruise staff. Maybe we just didn't hear them but there were very few announcements regarding things like weather, show schedules and general going on's on the ship.

All the stops were new to us so we were looking forward to getting some sort of information on the ports what to do, what to not do etc like we have on other ships but we didn't get any so we were left to figure out things for ourselves. We had some help from the excursion desk but it was too busy to really get a good overview of the options.

We did the anytime dining which turned out to be a huge mistake. They say you can make reservations for that evenings dinner but when we tried the soonest we could get in was after 8pm ( and that was calling by 10 am) Turns out they only allow 20% of the seating for reservations and certain passengers (suites and club members) have first shot so there were virtually no available reservations.

When I tried to get some information on what we could bring back trhough customs I couldn't get a solid answer... 4 torn up Cuban cigars later I now know you can't bring any back regardless of what the nice man at the shop says. Had I been able to get an answer I would have save $50..

All this information that we were looking for may have been readily available but unlike previous cruises we didn't know where to find it.

My only guess as to why is that the Cruise Dircetor's staff was not focused on answering questions as much as having trivia contests and selling you wine tastings, spa services, teeth whitening and the like.

Makes me wonder if I will consider Princess again.Nervous

Thought I would like the back of the ship and the oversized balcony.. wasn't any better and it actually made the view more limiting.
we were delayed getting on by several hours due to weather and an hour getting off the ship for the same reason. Crew handled it really well.
Never made it to one of the shows because of dining schedules. Other activities weren't really of interest
Never made one because of dining schedule
Anytime dining was a big mistake
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
The Mayan ruins were great
Could have planned better to take advantage of the stop.
Belize City, Belize
Don't waste your time in port go on one of the excursions through the caves or something