Great cruise with a few bumps

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Brilliance of the Seas

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 07, 2019

Ship: Brilliance of the Seas

Cabin number: 9010

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

I really enjoyed the cruise overall. I wish they still had the self service soda machines and a magnifying mirror in the bathroom would be great. Ship was clean, service was good, ports were great. Enjoyed smooth sailing and weather.

Embarkation

Long lines but we moved through it quickly

Ship experiences

Food was decent, good variety. The dining room basically had the same thing every night with a few new things mixed in.

We enjoyed the activities however we overheard people with kids complaining about the kids area being closed, the basketball court was closed for a couple days, slide was down.

I don’t think this ship has the A list performers but they were good.

Service and staff were good, my only issue with them is depending on who you asked a question you would get multiple different answers.

My cabin was good HOWEVER really messed up by assigning me a cabin with the third bunk directly over the main bedding which I specifically asked not to have on numerous occasions. I was assured I would be all set but when I arrived that is exactly what I got. Fortunately RCCL was able to accommodate us, but was no help at all.

Ports of call

Tampa, Florida

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

Just beware of the “private” beaches we did the ATV tour with private beach. The private beach is full of vendors trying to sell their wares and will approach you atleast every 30 seconds. Very annoying.

Belize City, Belize

George Town, Grand Cayman

Disembarkation

Lots of confusion about which line to go in and where we were supposed to be.