Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Third Mate

Nice cruise!

Sail Date: July 13, 2016

This was a 12 night cruise from Barcelona - we had our port stop at Turkey replaced with Crete (which I could have done without). Some of the ports were amazing (Santorini, Cince de Terre) and others were not so great ( Malta, Crete, Cannes ) so I felt like it was a mixed bag.

Onboard, the wifi was a constant problem (we actually had it refunded because of the constant problems ) and we bought a pass to the Thermal Spa which was broken 2 out of 2 times that I tried to use it. They ended up refunding that and as a gesture of goodwill, offered me a Razul (sp?) treatment free of charge and when I came to do that, that room was broken as well. My general feeling is that since the ship is older it is falling apart a bit.

We had a wonderful waiter (Amane) and assistant waiter (Aji) and enjoyed the wonderful service they provided! The onboard activities were severely lacking. We did a cruise w/ RC last year that was MUCH better. Basically there was only trivia and lots of seminars to sell you things. That's it. Also the TV had about three channels, one was to sell you things, another on the where you were and the last channel was in the wrong language. Very lacking.

The food was OK, not great but ok.

Had enough room but the shower hose snapped off on the last day. Seemed a little flimsy.