Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Third Mate

It was like they took care of us just because they had a captive audience.

Sail Date: May 04, 2015

We hit a little rough weather and something was loose out side our cabin. We advised the ship and they said it was not a problem. Well it was a problem for several passengers that had two nights with out sleep. Entertainment was bush league , cobbled together because they had to have something . The buffet  was boring, and I just cannot get past the specialty restaurants being able to charge us $70 bucks for what we used to get as usual meals. Shore excursions were OK. However, look at the math. It costs each passenger about $100 each for a 4hr tour. with 40 passengers that is a $1000 per hour.

The cruise industry is about to gouge it self right out of business . Not sure I'm willing to pay $300-400 a day for this kind of service. Bring back the old days when we were appreciated not taken advantage of.

I noticed that the majority of the passengers were seniors. In talking to them they felt the same way. It is not only this Cruise Line  , it is all of them. My wife and I will have to look at other travel alternatives. To be able to afford the rising cost of cruising we would expect more for our dollar.

We just felt taken advantaged of and didn't like it at all.

Tampa, Florida
close to home
Norfolk, Virginia
didn't get off
Cobh (Cork), Ireland
scenic just like the travel brochures
Cherbourg, France
expensive
Zeebrugge (Bruges), Belgium
the chocolate is almost worth this tour
Harwich (London), England
This is a nightmare in getting back to London. $100 from the ship to Heathrow. I would avoid this port if your destination is London.

A typical Cruise ship. Other than the noise it is like a 100 others.