Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

Horrible experience, may never book a cruise again

Sail Date: February 23, 2015

Our ship was out at sea when we arrived at port on boarding day.  Fog was preventing the ship from returning to port.  The 2500+ passengers that had arrived that day to board a ship were simply left out in the cold:  no lodging arrangements, no meal consideration, and if your baggage was already checked in at the terminal, you had no clothes to change into.

Sailing was delayed several times over the following 24 hours, and then eventually cancelled altogether.  Again, no consideration given for the fact that thousands of people had arrived in Tampa to board a ship and have lodging and meals covered, we were told that we were on our own, and that we would get a refund in 4-6 WEEKS.  Ship did return to port, and the reasonable thing to do would have been to allow stranded passengers to at least stay on the ship while it was in port, as there were suddenly no hotel rooms available in Tampa (due to the 2500 stranded passengers, as well as the 2500 people on the ship that had all missed their airplanes home).

RC responded by offering 25% off a future booking, which is unacceptable.  They offer 25% off to just about anyone at any time, that is a standard discount.  I made multiple phone calls and complained to various people about it, but I was repeatedly told that RC was not going to make any further consideration on the matter.

I also own and operate a business, and I would never leave my customers standing "on the dock" with no money, no lodging, no meals, while offering a 25% off coupon for the next ride they want to book.  Completely unacceptable, and though I have cruised with RC in the past, I never will give them my money again.  You can't treat your customers in this manner and expect them to come back to you, wallets open.

Tampa, Florida
Tampa is not a very nice place. Since we were stranded there, I rented a car and left for the Ft Lauderdale area and spent the week there instead.
George Town, Grand Cayman