Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Third Mate

Great Ports - Nice Mid Sized older ship

Sail Date: March 16, 2013

This was a nice cruise with many different ports. The staff was attentive, professional and accomodating. A couple of glitches but the staff recovered well. This is an older mid sized ship. Very very clean. The staff went over board in making sure all was clean and disease free which was appreciated. Shows very good. Comedian a stitch. It took 2 days to get the water I pre-ordered and then billed me extra but the staff promptly corrected the bill. The staff does not know much about the port excursions - had to cancel the St Thomas tour since the shops were closed which was part of the tour. But the staff sent chanpagne to my cabin which was a nice touch. Chops not as good as on the big ships BUT the Minstrel dining room more than made up. The food in the dining room was top notch which I did not expect. Also the buffet was much better than the big ships. Tip - order the fresh squezzed OJ - its only $2.50. Lots of wood the ship was in great shape. Large balconies. Rooms older - very old tube TV's but I understand that is changing soon. The highlight of the cruise was the Murder Mystery, This is an extra charge and is NOT TO BE MISSED. Overall RCCL is a great value for the money.
Minstrel and Windjammer better than most ships
Typical size - large balconies
The comedian was great
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
good shopping but shops close at 1pm on sunday so watch the dates
Castries, St. Lucia
Pointe-A-Pitre, Guadeloupe
do a tour - downtown sketchy
St. John's, Antigua
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.

7th floor aft has the largest balconies. Rom for 2 lounge chairs - a table and 2 chairs - great for room service dining.