First Mediterranean Cruise

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: B608

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This was my first Mediterranean cruise, and my first time sailing from Southampton. Embarkation proved to be quite relaxed and uneventful, in fact we were on board quite a bit earlier than planned. Apart from the first couple of days the weather was excellent, the variety of ports was excellent, the standard of the cruise ship was very good, but the outstanding thing for me on board was the friendliness and helpfulness of the crew virtually throughout the ship. I would recommend Azura to anyone who asked.

Ship experiences

All food was excellent, though did find the food in Sindhu not up to the usual standard I had experienced before.

Available, but didn't really use them.

I felt that the performers in the main theatre were very good, though the content of the shows could haave been better.

N/a

Cabin very good, though I feel that the TV could do with an upgrade.

Ship tip

Be wary where you sit when watching the seascreen as you can either be trapped in the full sun, or cold in the evening when the sun goes down.

Ports of call

Southampton (London), England

Cadiz (Seville), Spain

Barcelona, Spain

Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

Rome was the place I was most looking forward to, though I found it the biggest let down. Even though I was on an organised trip there was over an hour queuing to get in the colosseum, then over another hour to get in to the forum, both times due to the very slow processing of security, which you wouldn't mind if the guards were even looking at the x-ray screens when you passed through.

Cagliari, Sardinia