Overall Fun but wouldn't pick this ship again

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Anthem of the Seas

8 Night Bahamas (Cape Liberty Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 21, 2018

Ship: Anthem of the Seas

Cabin number: 7558

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Royal Caribbean does need to pay attention on providing quality food and training their staff for better service if they want to survive in the industry. Eventually, people will catch on poor service and food quality.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

They were all amazing

We felt our cabin size was comfortable and little bit bigger than the one we had on Allure. However, cleanliness was not up to the standard. I am not sure if our sheets were being changed during our 8 days stay. our steward Keith was very rude and made us feel uncomfortable from day 1 by walking in on us without knocking. Mid Cruise we got a call from customer service asking us how our experience has been so far, we had just returned from a beach and had sand all over our bathroom so I kindly asked them to send someone to clean it up since I didn't see Keith out side. They were nice enough to send someone over the have it cleaned but as soon as Keith found out, he walked in the room again started questioning why and got offended. every time we go in and out our cabin we were being stared at, which was very uncomfortable.

Ship tip

I would not advice my friends and family to sail on Anthem

Ports of call

Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey

Port Canaveral, Florida

Cococay (Cruise Line's Private Island) Did not visit port

Weather was not great and captain did not feel safe for us to get off

Beautiful Port, all the excursions were cancelled because of rough sea.

Disembarkation