Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruise was OK

Sail Date: August 11, 2016

Cruise ship was very nice. Staff, espically the staff that clean the state rooms and staff in dining area are very nice. Staff overall are very friendly and willing to help. They ask you to call and make reservations 4 dining rooms but when you call no one answers. All the restaurants will seat you except The Grande. Our first night they let me & my daughter eat but after that they told us we had to wait until 9:15pm to eat. I told them I called & called. They didn't care.

Jameson, the person who helped me book my cruise was also very friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and professional.

While on the cruise, the one outside pool the cruise ship has was closed down due to someone getting sick in the pool and on another day it was closed down on a sea day due to two parents who insisted on putting their baby with a pamper in the only outside pool. They ignored pool staff's direction to take the baby to the kids pool so we all had to suufer. These 2 parents should not have been allowed to ruin everybody else's pool time. The parents said they " paid their money ". Everybody else paid their money as well to get on this expensive ship. So the pool had to be closed down for the whole day.

I'm undecided on whether I would recommend this particular cruise because a lot of people were hurting themselves in the water while at Labadee,  Haiti.  The water has huge rocks all over. From the very beginning you are stepping on big rocks and people were hurting themselves slipping and sliding on rocks. My daughter twisted her ankle and scraped her knee. I twisted my ankle slipping on a rock. People said they had fun zip lining and on the roller coaster but the water is very rocky. Half Moon Cay is the way a private island should look. Bermuda & St. Marteen are lovely. I did a lot of shopping in Puerto Rico.

The departure from the ship at customs is terrible.  Very long lines. There were between  4,000 & 5,000 people on this ship. At Customs, there are two very, very long lines with only 2 Customs agents working that kept getting up from their stations. Two agents for one side and 3 working on the other line. There were booths closed that should have been open to check out 5,000 people. Terrible and disgusting is the only way I can describe check out at customs in Cape Liberty New Jersey.

Other than that everything was fine.

Cabin was nice and room attendant was excellent. Very nice man. He caters to guests. Very nice person and nice personality.
Embarkation smooth sailing, no problems or complaints. Disembarkation terrible.
Very nice ship
Didn't like Labadee, Haiti. Water very rocky.
Excellent. Loved the people in Chics. They helped me a lot because there were many things on the menu that I didn't like.
Needs more choices on menus in dining rooms
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
Getting on ship, no problems, smooth sailing. Getting out of terminal with Customs is terrible.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Loved it. I've been to Bermuda before. Water is great.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Water is beautiful. Nice place to visit. Loved it. Definitely want to go back.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Nice shopping
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Water is ver rocky. I didn't like it. My daughter twisted her ankle and scraped her knee in the rocky water. Wearing Water Shoes is a must.

If you can book dining reservations online then do so. Make sure yoy have water shoes in Haiti or for this particular itinerary.