Disapponting

Amsterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Amsterdam

7 Night Alaskan Explorer Via Hubbard Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)

Sail date: July 29, 2018

Ship: Amsterdam

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: 3427

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

It was not a good cruise -crummy window--no view, missed port of Sitka .Played in a poker tournament ,made the board then watched the dealer couched players into getting into the finals .I asked him to stop couching people but he did not . Another first .I have never seen a dealer couch players --that is not there job .People pay money to play ,then have the ship dealer couch players past you that is not RIGHT. I have won other tournament on other ships before . tanks dealer... Way to many kids running around ,could not even get close to the swimming pool or hot tub. We like to play pin-pong but again no way with all the kids .We will Never go in the summer again . no more Amsterdam ...

Embarkation

ONLY ONE EXIT ,EVERY CROWDED HAD TO STAND FOR A LONG TIME ..

Ship experiences

Very clean

size,comfort &cleanliness we great . I paid extra for a room with a view but there was NO view except the outside stairs & other parts of the ship .We could not even see the ocean unless one looks sideways & up close -what a joke .I tried to get the room changed but could not .

Ship tip

movies were not good ,to many kids ,tried to sell items everywhere you went .Everything was way to expensive .We had a bloody -mary & it was the most expensive I have ever had .

Ports of call

Seattle, Washington

Juneau, Alaska

Sitka, Alaska

Ketchikan, Alaska

we never got to Sitka a cruw member jumped over board so the ship had to look for him for hours at night in very ruff sea .Missing our port .Stayed at sea for the next 2 days in very ruff sea not a good experience .Got a refund for the port charges, big deal, but not for the cruise that we Missed.

Victoria, British Columbia