Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Sail Date: September 26, 2015

I am not usually all that critical of a traveler.  I always immediately see where improvements can be made but I also know that on a cruise ship with so many folks constantly on and off the ships you have to be realistic.  I have cruised with Royal Caribbean in the past and loved it, but on this trip I was completely shocked at the conditions on board.  The title of this review pretty much sums up the conditions on Adventure of the Seas - DIRTY!  I have photos of the condition of our balcony stateroom and in the dining room.  Drawers were broken and would not close the phone did not work, the rust on the framework of the bathroom, a dirty stained toilet.  There were stains and hair on the couch and chair.  The rest of the ship was no better - food and dirt on the ledges in the dining room and on the carpet.  It looked like they hadn't vacuumed for a week.  I even found dirt inside my utensil napkin when I unrolled it.  I got sick while on board which has NEVER happened before and when I went down to the medical office (1st time ever and have been cruising since 2002) even the waiting room was dirty. Crumbs on end tables and floor was dirty.  I do have to say that the itinerary was exceptional on this cruise but my husband and I have pretty much decided we are going to pass on Royal Caribbean for the foreseeable future due to the conditions on board this ship.

Cruise Photos

Dirty, stained sofa, broken drawers, phone did not work
I have to say very efficient
Horrible - see photos
Friendly but did have an issue with staff when boarding the ship and someone accidentally grabbed our belongings off the conveyor belt and they would not stop the belt so we could see if my husbands wallet was stuck somewhere. I would have understood if there was a huge crowd but there wasn't.
Dining Room dirty, food just OK