Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

7 night Aventure of the seas 2015

Sail Date: September 05, 2015

This is my third time sailing on Adventure of the seas. I love this Ship and this Itinerary. If you like activities and stops then this is the perfect cruise for you. I do have to say that the service and overall food has gone down. I wouldnt waste my time going to the formal dining room, unless its for breakfast. The service and food has gotten alot worse. The food in the windjammer buffet however has gotten better. If you strictly go for the food you may be dissapointed. If you love the beach, scenerary and excursions you must take this cruise. I would highly recommend booking excursions through Royal. You get what you pay for. The only exception is the Virgin Islands. The excursions arent very good. You are better off taking a cab to the beach, or enjoying the free beach walking distance from the ship. That is what I did last time. This time we booked a Catamaran on the Jolly mon and it was not very good. The rum punch was all punch no rum. The female captain took along time to park on the beach and woubd up parking to far from the beach, which made it difficult for tge older passengers to get on board. She also cut our beach time short by a half our so she could sell teeshirts. Epic fail. Aside from that the other excursions were awesome. We did the st Maarten beach break, the antigua kayak tour, the St Lucia segway tour, Ive also done the antigua lobster lunch cruise, both are amazing. In the past Ive done the barbados turtle catamaran. We wound up taking a cab to a local beach for only $5 per person, which was ok. Its easy to cab to a noce beach on Barbados, but if you have the money I would reccomend an excursion.
When booking your room, esoecially on this ship, book your room high up. It is very easy to leave the ship, and so convenient to be able to walk up to deck 11 were the pool, windjammer, and gym is. We stayed and deck ten near the front. It was so convenient to be able to quickly walk to the gym, pool, or windjammer.
My third time on this ship and tge food quality has gotten worse. The exception was tge windjammer and johnny rockets. Dont miss out on the steaks grilled to order and the stir fry. Breakfast buffet is mediocre. Skip the first line and walk straight in to tge omelet line. Grwat job givibg tickets for omeletts,oder it the hit the second kess crowded line
Excursions are awesome, except on the virgin islands. Skip the Jolly Mon. I highly recommend, salt water Kayak tour on Antigua, or the Lobster lunch Cruise. On St Lucia the Segway Tour was Awesome,,on Barbadis the turtle catamaran was fun,,try the Banks beer on tap its delicious. Banks is the local Barbados beer
Service in my time dining was terrible, we stopped going after the first two nights
Windjammer is good, deserts are terrible, fine dining is terrible, dont waste your time.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
Skip the Jolly Mon catamaran
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
St Maarten beach break is awesome. A beautiful private beach right by a restaurant with included lunch. And beach chairs right on the water. You need $3 for tge umbrella. Lunch was delicious, get the Mahi Mahi. Bring cash for water sports everything you could want. A few sellers but no locals.
St. John's, Antigua Kayak tour is amazing. Bring sneakers for the optional hike up a steep slope for amazing views on tge island. You get a fun kayak tour, then a speed boat ride, then hike up tge hill for pics or you can stay on the beach, the a quick snorkal stop that was amazing.
Castries, St. Lucia
Segway tour was super fun, and ended with an amazing beach break on pigion island that also had great snorkeling from the beach
Bridgetown, Barbados
The turtle catamaran is amazing, you can also take a $5 per person community cab to a nearby beach, with locals selling stuff. They werent too bad. You have the oay $15 for chairs and umbrellas.