Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Trip was not easy dodging 2 hurricanes.

Sail Date: August 22, 2015

Room Type: Suite

It's a little unfair to evaluate the cruise because we only went to 1 of the 5 scheduled stops.

The good part is the crew was wonderful, service was great, food was good - the servers accommodated my food allergies well, and everything very clean (ship was a little tired - some stairs had torn carpets, but that was minor).

The bad part, weather, was not Royal Caribbean's fault.  However, the process of rebooking new shore excursions to the new ports was frustrating because the TV menu ordering system didn't work each time we tried to use it (with each of the 2 itinerary changes).  Reviewing our end-of-cruise accounting was a challenge from excursion charges, credits, new charges, new credits, and again new charges.  Another problem with the TV system was we couldn't access the USB port to review our photos.  Guest relations said access was blocked to prevent virus downloads.  Don't see how a virus could infect their TVs?

We would like to try the original itinerary cruise again - either in 2017 or 2018.

It was nice. Liked the extra room from our normal balcony. I thought it would be a little bigger, but otherwise it was enjoyable.
How you get that many people on/off that organized is amazing!?!? Is not easy for anyone, but you have it down to a smooth process.
I like the layout, it was clean, but some of the areas were a little tired (torn carpets on stairs) and would have liked USB access on the TV to review trip photos in the evenings.
I book our excursions at the first opportunity to get 1ST choice. When we had to chose later after a port change, I was stuck with limited choices I didn't like.
I'm not big on onboard activities in general. I'm more focused on the ports/shore excursions. Normally I would have been on your climbing wall daily, but I just had stitches removed from my hand so I was grounded. =(
I only went to 1 show - the 'On Ice' performers. Wow - they were amazing!!!!
The lady (name complicated, can't remember) who took care of our room was a sweetheart and did a wonderful job. Thank you!
Our dining room servers (Edysson & Shelton) and Noel were all awesome.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Yunque National Forest is worth visiting, hiking.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We booked scuba dive with Octopus Diving. The office stood us up - after 30 min taxi ride to the shop they were CLOSED. No note and did not answer their phones. Our booking tour company was HUGELY apologetic and issued full refund. Still, lost a day of our trip. Very disappointed!!
Basseterre, St. Kitts