Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

AWesome cruise dissappointing ship.

Sail Date: February 22, 2015

The islands visited were wonderful, full of pleasant and helpful people with beautiful things to see and fun things to do. Because of that this cruise was very good. My disappointments were with the ship and ship board activities. Disappointments: #1 the food in the buffet (Windjammer)- the breakfast buffet was bad. The eggs reminded me of the eggs we got at boy scout camp, army surplus quality; the biscuits and gravy were the worst I have ever had; like hockey pucks with watery soup with bits of yesterdays left over sausage links for gravy. The Windjammer closes early, and when it is closed the only food available is down on the promenade, so if you are up on deck in the evening you have to go to the belly of the ship to find something to eat, or go to Johnny's where you have to pay for the food. Oh and if you are a fan of the midnight buffet forget it. Other ships have had food up on deck seemingly 24 hrs/day; pizza, burgers, hot dogs, etc, not this ship. #2 Music- for some reason they put their music in the middle of crowded, noisy, busy venues (such as the middle of the promenade) where it is impossible to enjoy, and in many cases there is no where to even sit to listen. #3 Dancing- if you like to dance on a cruise, find a different ship. Only once during the week were we able to find dance music in a venue that had a dance floor or any room to dance.

Don't get me wrong it was a very good cruise, but next time I will do it on a different ship.

Clean good service. Inside staterooms are the smallest I've ever seen.
Great in the dinning room, poor at the buffet, horrible buffet breakfast.
Evening shows were good, music thruout the ship was good but place in bad venues.
Forget dancing, the music is there but it's not in venues you can dance in.
Love the Southern Caribbean.
The smallest inside cabin I've every seem. If you put the beds together you have to crawl over the bed to get in because you can't get around the end of the bed to get in. The bed is touching the cabinets on one side and the end of the couch on the other.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I could havew use a whole nother day in Old San Juan.
Bridgetown, Barbados
The batanical gardens in the middle of the island were like a piece of heaven.
Castries, St. Lucia
Beautiful island, but be careful you don't spend all of your time in a tour bus. The roads are bad and traffic is slow and it takes a lot of time to get anywhere.
St. John's, Antigua
Did a kayak and snorkel and loved it.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
A million things to pick from.
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
There's agreat hike into the tide pools and you don't need to pay for a guide to do it.

If you want good buffet food, dancing or to be able to just sit and listen to good music in the evening find a different ship.