So-So Cruise

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 30, 2014
Ship: Adventure of the Seas

I will make the best out of any vacation/any cruise as I have been cruising for over 15 yrs.  However I'm not sure if it was just this particular cruise or if the service we are used to receiving on RCCL as a whole is declining.  I have never in my life had a 'mediocre' cruise until this sailing.  Every ATM machine on the ship ran out of money the morning of the second day of sailing.  This being the case, those who needed to withdraw cash during the week had to go to the casino and get an advance on their seapass card, which they charged a fee to do.  No ATM access all week long.

The food presentation was great.  It all 'looked' good.  But taste was something different.  It seemed as though no attempt at all was made to season the food.  On some days, some items were tasty but overall the food was very bland.

For the most part, most of the crew members were excellent.  But this was the first cruise where it seemed as though the exceptional service we are used to getting with RCCL was absent with alot of the crew members.

I doubt we will ever re-visit this ship, esp at this port.  Crowd was very rude and pushy.  However as mentioned above, we made the best of it and had a good time.  I will say that the ports of call that this ship visited were great!  The itinerary is why we chose this particular cruise.  All islands except St. Croix were great!

Not alot to chose from and nothing to do after 11p or so...

Did not use.

You absolutley have to do a catamaran tour with Mystic Man Tours in St. Lucia. This was the highlight of our entire cruise. The best way to see such a beautiful island!