Which Cruise Line Was Voted the Best in 2015?

Cruise Fever just released their pick for the best cruise line in 2015. The result may very well surprise you. Clink on this link and let us know if you agree with their pick.

http://cruisefever.net/1206-carnival-cruise-line-voted-best-cruise-line-in-2015/

Tags: Cruise Fever picks Carnival as best Cruise Line in 2015

16 Answers

I'm not sure I follow -- since Carnival is the "most cruised" line, it means it's the best?

That would be similar to saying that a Ford F150 is superior to a Maserati.

Also, for the site that made the comparison, for being the "#1 most read site for cruising", I have never heard of it.

I do agree that Carnival is a fine line, and you seem to get what you pay for. However, I think (my opinion, which means nothing in the grand scheme of the Earth Happy) that Princess and (from my research only, not experience) Celebrity far outshine Carnival, but at a higher cost to the traveler.

Without reviewing the detail behind the headline, I'm not sure how meaningful or applicable these results are to me. They sure make great headlines for Carnival when someone new to cruising comes along trying to figure out what line to start with though.

I'm always in awe to read rankings of cruise lines. Some of these ratings are absolutely diametrical opposite. It seems like they would be fairly close to the same, but nope. Here we have #1 Carnival #2 RCI #3 Princess #4 NCL #5 Celebrity

For instance, compare these to Berlitz rankings of the top 11 majors when tallying up 12 areas of service and food categories. #1 Cunard #2 Celebrity #3 MSC #4 Princess #5 HAL #6 P&O #7 NCL #8 Star #9 Costa #10 Carnival #11 RCI

For what its worth, Berlitz in their "How the major cruise lines score on cuisine" in their "Buffets/informal dining" category---list them this way. # 1 is a tie, Celebrity and Cunard--# 2 Princess---# 3 MSC---# 4 is a tie NCL and HAL---# 5 P&O Cruises---# 6 Carnival Cruise Lines---# 7 Royal Caribbean International----# 8 Costa Cruises----# 9 Star Cruises

Notice where Carnival and RCI fit in the Berlitz rankings? Go figure.

I think that they got voted best as most of the voters have not tried all of the major lines to compare. Carnival put out a good product at a good price and has very loyal following.

I have found Carnival to have great staff, good customer service, good entertainment options, ok to good food in the buffet. MDR and great Steak House. I have had good food and fun each time I have been on a Carnival ship. They are not my favorite cruise line but I never have 2nd thought of getting on a Carnival ship.

Wow!

The result does not surprise me, as they are by far the largest and best priced line. So numbers will cover it.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.