16 Answers

We sail on her in February.  Plenty of time to clean her up Big Smile

I wonder how these numbers compare with how many people were sick in Walmart the last time I went.

200 out of 5500 is a small percent...I wonder how many got sick after our cruise?  a lot of people don't report being ill at the end of a cruise (we didn't) so the numbers can be deceiving.  this time of year any shopping Mall at any given time, could be as bad.  It just is easier to count on a ship, because there is nowhere else to go.  I am sorry to hear this.  GrandmaJo, just remember to wash your hands often.  It won't stop the air-born stuff, but it will be helpful otherwise.

No fun being on a cruise and sick, went through that with DH earlier this year. I agree with you AuntPinkie; it's more concentrated and easier to count on a cruise ship. How many people on the forum right now have been fighting the bug, sinus infection or something over the last few week...if not right now. You can't blame it all on the cruise line. They try to wipe down, clean and change out utensils and such, but i've seen folks leave out the bathroom without washing their hands Angry

Thanks Grandma! My cruise is in 66 days, have to go to Walllyworld tomorrow Crying

AuntPinkie, I was thinking the same thing about how inaccurate the numbers could be. Unless we had to see the medical staff, we wouldn't be reporting any illness. 

Most experienced cruiser will not report it unless they are very ill and need a doctor.   They know that if they report it they will be stuck in the cabin for 2 days or more.   So they are out and about sharing the wealth.   

Oops!! Big Smile

Thinking of my vivid description I was dumb enough to post awhile back ... wont go there again!

My DH became ill after going to bed the last night before debarkation, not worth reporting as we were leaving the ship in the morning.  My symptoms didn't show up until the last leg of the plane ride home.  So do we report to Carnival that we were exposed to something while on the cruise or not?  If it would help others it would be worth it, but a lot of busy work otherwise.  The crew on this cruise were always out cleaning the common areas.  There are glass revolving doors, and we saw a sweet gal from housekeeping, working endlessly to keep it clean.

I agree with the comments that any shopping mall, school, or other public place probably has 5-10% of the folks with some sort of bug.  It's always an excellent idea to wash hands, wash hands, wash hands, whether on a cruise or anywhere in public. 

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.