16 Answers

I would like to think you are right. But I am becoming more cynical as I get older.

Maybe more people are now reporting back to the cruiseline that they too were sick in case it will help to find if there’s something more that could be done to prevent the spread of the germs. I’m hoping the numbers aren’t increasing for potential personal gain. Sad

LOL

I noticed that as well. You might be onto something. Could also be the media have it all wrong.... at least this time they didn't put a picture of a Carnival ship with the story.

I see the numbers keep changing in different head lines. 200, 250, 300, and the last one I saw said 500. I wonder if people are piling on thinking they could get some money out of RCCL???

So far we have never gotten sick on a cruise. One is coming up next month so perhaps I shouldn't talk about it as it may jinx us. Usually about half the ship on long cruises get sick at some point. Wish that they would come up with a cure or vaccine for it. It is the pits to get sick on a cruise.You just want to be in your bed at home..

I agree with the comments that any shopping mall, school, or other public place probably has 5-10% of the folks with some sort of bug. It's always an excellent idea to wash hands, wash hands, wash hands, whether on a cruise or anywhere in public.

My DH became ill after going to bed the last night before debarkation, not worth reporting as we were leaving the ship in the morning. My symptoms didn't show up until the last leg of the plane ride home. So do we report to Carnival that we were exposed to something while on the cruise or not? If it would help others it would be worth it, but a lot of busy work otherwise. The crew on this cruise were always out cleaning the common areas. There are glass revolving doors, and we saw a sweet gal from housekeeping, working endlessly to keep it clean.

Thinking of my vivid description I was dumb enough to post awhile back ... wont go there again!

Oops!! Big Smile

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.