Planning on sailing Princess cruises to Hawaii fall 2020. Any recommendations on cabins?

Hi!

My hubby and I are planning on a cruise to Hawaii on Princess Cruiseline, Fall of 2020. The bookings should open up in May.

Any helpful hints on the best cabin for a 15 day cruise to Hawaii on Princess? (Hoping to leave from Los Angeles)

We snagged an upgrade to a "vista balcony stateroom" on the Carnival Splendor December of last year. I doubt we'll be that lucky to snag a comparable complementary upgrade on Princess?

SO, I don't think we could handle an "inside cabin" or an "ocean view". (A bit of claustrophobia). Any recommendations on "balcony", "premium balcony" or "mini suite"? And locations? Aft? Mid-ship? I don't know best locations for enjoying the sea views? What locations have you found to be problematic?

Sea sickness isn't really a problem, because we use the Scopolamine patch and have had no adverse effects.

Thanks so very much for your input!!! It is all very appreciated!!!

Tags: Princess Cruises cabins Hawaii Princess best locations

11 Answers

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! This is so very helpful!!!!

You will have so much fun!!! We just came back from that same cruise last month. We sailed on the Emerald Princess which is now in dry dock getting upgrades. We booked a mid-ship mini suite on the Dolphin deck. On the Pacific Ocean there were some strong winds which rocked the ship a bit, mid-ship you will feel less of that. I enjoy the mini suite on longer cruises like this, but a balcony stateroom probably will be enough room as well. We like the mini-suite also because of the bathtub/shower. This is a regular size tub and shower so we loved that for this long of a cruise. I have travelled in an aft room on princess and never had an issue so those are wonderful also. I was upgraded once (not on this cruise) to a suite so it can and does happen. I hope they upgrade you on this cruise!!!

We really enjoyed the sea days very much. The ship didn't seem full at all, we had no problem going to the hot tubs. The only time we felt the fullness of the ship was for the show in Princess theatre. Get there early to get a seat on sea days. Maybe 20 mins early is fine I think. If you have never been to Hawaii before Pearl Harbor is a must see in my opinion. They have many different excursions through Princess and on this site for different lengths of tours. We booked a 9 hour tour which was amazing but a lot of walking. We loved it though. Hilo the town itself we were not impressed with so book an excursion from Princess or on this site. We excursion was awesome, we heard all of the excursions were wonderful that people took. Maui was our favorite island and we took the road to Hana was so awesome!!!! a must do if you have time. Than we took an evening sail and saw the most playful whales I have ever seen!!!! You will love Hawaii. I enjoyed the cruise on Princess but we love sea days. We looked at the Norwegian cruise around Hawaii and it seems nice but we really loved this cruise. We found plenty to do. Have an awesome time. If you have any more questions message me!!!!

This is an area of interest (Hawaii) also for us, but I will be booking with Norwegian. The 13 day Honolulu to Papeete (Tahiti) or reverse cruise Papeete to Honolulu offers more exotic ports.

Thank you so very much! Great Tips!

Mid-ship balcony on a deck with passenger cabins above and below. The mid-ship atrium elevators are well situated to get you to any venue and are great if you like good coffee in the morning because they’ll be easy to take to the International Cafe (open 24/7) for excellent danish and coffee early in the morning!

My research so far seems to show that it could be either Star or Emerald Princess?

But I was most concerned if the difference between an "balcony", "premium balcony", "aft premium balcony" or "mini-suite" as far as the trip was worth the extra cost. The "mini-suite" is huge when compared to a "balcony".

I realize there is a layout difference for each ship, but was wondering what others had thought sailing Princess?

We've sailed Carnival Splendor and Carnival Legend and there were some definite "no go" cabins and locations, even for suites.

Bookings for Princess will open sometime in May 2019 for "Fall-Winter-Spring Cruise Season (2020-2021)" 15 day round trip to Hawaii.

So we are anticipating those bookings opening up, this May 2019.

We like to book early, to get the cabin and location we want. Princess will allow you to "re-fare" (with no penalty) as the sales come along through the year, right up until final payment.

Thanks!

Which ship? I can't find any listing for a Princess cruise for Hawaii leaving L.A. after April 2020 and they are all round trip. But you say later dates won't be published until this May? Some are 28 days and the others 15 days. They show the Emerald, Star and the Island Princess ships on the Pacific. I notice all the full suites are "sold out" on every cruise.

Thank you so muchHappy

Our preference on any cruise is always a midships balcony. Keep in mind half of the cruise is sea days so need to think what you like to do on sea days. Are you one for inside or pool activities or are you one to lounge on your own private balcony. Hope you enjoy the cruise. My father has sailed it twice and has loved it both times.

On our first cruise we had room e121. Emerald deck forward, oceanview. Great room with plenty of light. We book inside cabins now, as we really don't spend a lot of time there. You have 5 sea days either direction, pick a nice balcony and hope for smooth sailings. Anyway--it's a great cruise. Looking forward to doing it again.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.