Although I’ve been sailing for a while,

I just now decided to be active on shipmate.
I have a cruise planned in December, so hopefully we will get to go on it!

22 Answers

Hi NurseAmy!

Just based on your username, from one Healthcare worker to another, thank you for all you do!

Hello! My best piece of advice for a larger ship is to eat at the popular food places in the "off" times. Like maybe grab lunch around 2. This way you will avoid longer lines and more crowded seating areas. Of course, it will probably all look different when ships start sailing again with social distancing.Happy

Welcome to the group! We have a cruise planned in Dec! We are hopeful too!Happy

I've never done an Oasis class ship, the largest I've done is the Voyager class ships, which are still megaships. Don't try and do everything, you won't be able to. Check out your Cruise Compass/Activity Schedule that will be delivered to your room every night to see what's going on around the ship. There is an Ice Show, but it fills up quickly so get to the rink early! I was there 20 min before showtime and it was already full.

Other than that, and speaking as an Activity Professional, be nice to your Cruise Directors (or any crew). We LOVE to hear from you and see you out of your room, so don't be afraid to approach them. We are your go-to folks for anything happening around the nursing home (where I work) or ship, and will be happy to help you in any way that we can. Some people may think of us as annoying, but that's our job...we want to make sure that you're aware of what's going on and will hopefully show up. Please be patient if we seem rushed: we're not doing it to be rude, but there's MAYBE 10 of us onboard a ship and 5,000+ passengers...someone will have to be patient!

Welcome "Aboard" (awful cruising and message board puns intended)

The Oasis class is absolutely breathtaking from a scale point of view. I've been on Allure 2x, and Oasis once, with a 2nd on Oasis scheduled for 332 days out.

Tips:

- If you like Wine(like we do - 300+ bottle cellar) Vintages in Central Park is the BEST place onboard to get the full wine Menu

- Skip the Windjammer for lunch. Try the Park Cafe in Central Park. They serve a play on the "Roast Beef on Weck" that originated in my home town (Buffalo, NY) that is absolutely Phenomenal. Here, it's Roast Beef, served on a Pretzel Salt and Caraway Seed encrusted Hard roll. Onboard, it is fresh cut prime rib, served on a pretzel salt and caraway seed encrusted sourdough roll. Add some Horseradish for the real experience(and a nice clearing of the sinuses)

- Hot tubs near the solarium are open until approximately 2am, dependent on use.

- Main Dining Room food is great. Try Chops grill or 150 Central park if you want an extra experience(with the extra cost, obviously)

- Get the deluxe drink package. If you have 1 beer and 1 Bottle of water/hour, over 12 hours, your bill will be around $120/day. without including any other beverages. (Beer comes out to approx $7, bottled water $3 after fees)

- Pick a port to stay on the ship. On port days, most passengers disembark. It gives much better access to Spa, Pools, Hot tubs, and other amenities.

Welcome!

Welcome to Cruiseline.com! For Oasis, check out all the shows (high dive, ice rink, main showroom, all of them) and try out Park Café for breakfast and lunch. Happy cruising!

Welcome to the Community!

We are planning for Feb 2021... fingers crossed.

Welcome to the site! I haven't been on any of the Oasis class ships.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.