Luggage

We are replacing our 30 year old soft sided Samsonite luggage. Although we like hard sided, we are concerned with room in the cabin, How well does it stow in the cabin? We always just packed our soft sided inside of one another and slid them under the bed. We usually pack fairly heavy for cruises, with at least 2 dress sets, a couple "casual" outfits and 7 or 8 pairs of shorts/shirts/undergarments. Suggestions?

14 Answers

Actually, some of the hard side luggage is lighter than our soft side luggage with the new materials available. who knew?????Surprised

The only disadvantage of hard side that I can think of is the weight if you check bags to fly.

We thought about getting rid of our old soft side luggage and replacing with hard side but decided to use the money toward a cruise instead and let everybody feel sorry for use with our thirty year old luggage.

In any case I do not believe the hard side is any wider than the soft side which we leave unzipped under the bed and use as a dirty clothes hamper.

Aunt Pinkie I do the same thing with my suitcase!! I don’t put shoes in there but I store a lot of extras things in there just to keep my small room tidy.

We switched to Samsonite hard side for our Oct. majestic cruise worked excellent.

Excellent idea...(not counting YOU having just enough room for some sox and a change of shorts...she gets the rest)...how about scrounging up one of those gigantic ol steamer trunks...you could get one complete with stickers...then you can travel with a butler like they did, pleanty of room in the "boot" of a ROLLS I'm sure......or....you could resell it on ANTIQUE ROADSHOW...to pay for the hernia repair....

They'll fit under the bed.

Thanks, but you can’t get this old without adding lots of trivial information to your mind.Yummy

Pinkie....I doubt anything about you is trivial.

I am full of lots of trivial information. Sometimes it actually comes in handy.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.